Florida Gulf Coast beats Kennesaw State 67-49Saturday, Mar 2, 2013
Bernard Thompson, Christophe Varidel and DaJuan Graf each finished with 11 points for the Eagles (21-10, 13-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who finished second in the conference standings behind Mercer. Sherwood Brown added 10 points.
Kennesaw State’s Nigel Pruitt made a jumper with 18:08 left in the second half to trim the deficit to 34-28. But the Owls (3-27, 2-16) pulled no closer, as Florida Gulf Coast answered with eight straight points to claim a 42-28 advantage with 13:46 remaining.
The Eagles took their largest lead of the game at 65-47 when Brown converted on a three-point play with 2:03 left.
Delbert Love scored 18 points for Kennesaw State, which shot 25 percent (14 of 56) from the floor. Aaron Anderson had 22 rebounds.
- Wisconsin tops Iowa in double overtime 74-70
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67