Nelson’s effort helps Texas A&M-CC earn victorySaturday, Mar 2, 2013
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (6-21, 5-11 Southland) won by converting as many 3-pointers (6) as free throws.
Nelson connected for three 3-pointers. Johnathan Jordan scored 16 points and had nine assists.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi had a 34-19 scoring advantage off the bench.
Nicholls State (8-19, 7-9) led by two at halftime, but could not pull away in the second half.
Fred Hunter led the way for Nicholls State with 25 points, nine rebounds and three steals. Dantrell Thomas scored 12 points and Linden Smith-Hyde finished with 10.
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58