Sam Houston St. beats Southeastern Louisiana 54-45Saturday, Mar 2, 2013
Thomas was 7 of 14 from the floor for the Bearkats (15-14, 8-8), who moved into a tie with Southeastern Louisiana for fourth place in the Southland Conference standings. Each team has two regular-season games remaining.
Brandon Fortenberry scored 22 points for the Lions (10-17, 8-8) but didn’t get much help. Fortenberry was 9 of 18 from the field, including three 3-pointers; his teammates were a combined 9 of 32.
The Bearkats scored the first six points of the game and led 27-15 at halftime. The Lions pulled within 45-39 on Fortenberry’s 3-pointer with 4:21 left, but SHSU made enough free throws in the final minutes to secure the victory.
Sam Houston State dominated the glass, outrebounding Southeastern Louisiana 39-25, and won despite committing 17 turnovers.
- Frank Martin tweets in protest of Jacob Pullen’s draft night snub
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne