Loyola of Chicago routs Cleveland State 87-60Saturday, Mar 2, 2013
CHICAGO (AP)—Jordan Hicks scored 26 points and Loyola of Chicago defeated Cleveland State 87-60 on Saturday in the Horizon League regular-season finale for both teams.
Hicks also had a game-high seven rebounds for the Ramblers (15-15, 5-11), who moved ahead of the Vikings for the No. 7 seed in next week’s Horizon tournament. Loyola will play at Youngstown State on Tuesday in a first-round game.
Christian Thomas scored 19 points and Jeff White added 13 points for Loyola, which never trailed in the game. The Ramblers shot 60 percent from the field.
Bryn Forbes led Cleveland State (14-17, 5-11) with 15 points. Charlie Lee scored 13 and Devon Long had 12 points. Forbes and Lee had six rebounds apiece.
The Vikings will play at Illinois-Chicago on Tuesday night.
- Loyola of Chicago routs Cleveland State 87-60
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82