Ray McCallum scored 20 points and Jason Calliste contributed 18 points and 10 assists for the Titans (20-11, 12-4 Horizon).
Daniel Barnes had a game-high 28 points for the Flames (16-14, 7-9). Anthony Kelley scored 15 and Gary Talton had eight assists for UIC.
Despite the loss, Illinois-Chicago is the No. 5 seed for next week’s Horizon League tournament and will host Cleveland State in a first-round game Tuesday night. Detroit, which already wrapped up the No. 2 seed, has a bye into the tournament semifinals next weekend.
- No. 11 Texas A&M 74, Idaho State 44
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56