Eastern Michigan tops Western Michigan 50-49 in OTSaturday, Mar 2, 2013
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Glenn Bryant scored 15 points, including a jumper with 2:09 left in overtime that turned out to be the game-winner, in Eastern Michigan’s 50-49 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday.
Bryant’s score put the Eagles (14-15, 7-7 Mid-American) ahead 48-47, and J.R. Sims added two free throws with 29 seconds left. Nate Hutcheson then made a jumper with 20 seconds left to pull Eastern Michigan back within one, but neither team scored again.
Daylen Harrison added 13 points and six rebounds for Eastern Michigan, which snapped Western Michigan’s three-game winning streak.
Shayne Whittington led the Broncos (18-10, 9-5) with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
The game was tight throughout, and neither team managed more than a seven-point lead the entire game. EMU’s Derek Thompson’s 3-pointer with 1:36 left in regulation ended up forcing overtime.
- Ex-ball boy alleges Syracuse assistant molested him for 12 years
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69