Charleston Southern beats Coastal Carolina 75-64Saturday, Mar 2, 2013
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Mathiang Muo scored 17 points to lead Charleston Southern to a 75-64 victory over Coastal Carolina to claim the Big South Conference’s regular-season championship on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both.
Arlon Harper and Saah Nimley had 15 points each for Charleston Southern (17-11, 12-4), which ended a two-game losing streak.
Charleston Southern shot 45.2 percent from the field (28 of 62) and made 15 of 34 3-pointers.
Anthony Raffa scored 23 points and Warren Gillis 19 for the Chanticleers (14-14, 9-7), who shot 48 percent (24 of 50) but managed only 3 of 16 of their 3-point shots.
Charleston Southern led 38-30 at halftime, and a 15-6 run to open the second half pushed its advantage to 53-36 on Tristian Curtis’ layup with 12:16 remaining.
The Buccaneers stretched the lead to 20 points at 61-41 on Paul Gombwer’s layup with 10:45 left and were never threatened.
- Photo of the Day: Bob Knight feels like Friday
- West Virginia forward Jonathan Holton reinstated to team
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Western Carolina upsets SoCon leader Chattanooga 67-61
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime