The Broncs (18-12, 12-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) avenged an earlier 67-50 loss to Canisius (18-12, 11-7). 25. Trailing 38-31 at halftime, Rider outscored the Golden Griffins 34-23 in the second half for its fifth straight win.
Canisius, up 11 points early, started quickly when Alshwan Hymes recorded his 1,000th career point with a 3-pointer to start the game. He was 1 of 6 on treys afterwards, scoring 7 points. Canisius, 7 of 25 on treys, was 2 for 10 after the break.
Fortunat hit 5 of 5 from the field. Jonathon Thompson and Nurideen Lindsey scored 11 points apiece, Lindsey hitting 5 of 6 from the floor. Rider made 25 of 46 shots and outscored Canisius 34-20 in the paint.
Isaac Sosa, Harold Washington and Billy Baron scored 14 apiece for Canisius.
- Davidson wins with Reggie Miller-esque miracle finish
- Alabama holds off slumping No. 15 Texas A&M, 63-62
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65