Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats SE Louisiana 78-64Thursday, Feb 28, 2013
Johnathan Jordan added 21 points for the Islanders (5-21, 4-10 Southland), who shot 60 percent from the floor and snapped a three-game losing streak. Jordan’s six assists gave him a tie for his school’s single-season assists record, which he set last year as a freshman.
Roosevelt Johnson led the Lions (10-16, 8-7) with 15 points and nine rebounds. Dre Evans chipped in 14 points, and Jeffery Ricard had 13.
A back-and-forth first half ended with the Islanders taking a 35-30 lead into halftime. A&M never trailed thereafter and led by as many as 17 in the closing minutes.
The Islanders improved to 6-3 in the all-time series against the Lions and avenged a 67-53 loss in Hammond, La., earlier this season.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats SE Louisiana 78-64
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold