ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Kasey Wilson scored 20 points, knocking down 5 of 7 3-pointers as Central Florida used a second-half run to beat Division II’s Georgia Southwestern 65-50 Tuesday night.
Tristan Spurlock added 13 points, Isaiah Sykes had 11, and Keith Clanton’s game-high 12 boards helped UCF (19-9) outrebound Georgia Southwestern 45-39.
On top 23-16 at halftime, the Knights started the second half on a 19-6 run, capped by Wilson’s 3-pointer to go up 42-22 with 16:06 left to play. UCF maintained a double-figure lead the rest of the way.
The Knights made 41.2 percent (14 of 34) their shots in the second half and led by as many as 23 points.
Georgia Southwestern shot just 16.7 percent (4 of 24) in the first half, and 27.3 percent (15 of 55) for the game.
Daryl Davis scored 16 points for the Hurricanes (12-13), who have lost three straight games.
- Toledo handles Kent State 82-67 behind Boothe's 26
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69