Florida A&M survives SC State 75-72 in 2OTMonday, Feb 25, 2013
Lewis finished 8-of-19 shooting and was the only player in the game to sink a 3-pointer. Muhammad Abdul-Aleem added 17 points for the Rattlers, who have won two straight.
Darryl Palmer led South Carolina State with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Matthew Hezekiah added 17 points, and Khalif Toombs tallied 14 for the Bulldogs.
The Bulldogs outshot Florida A&M 45 percent (27 of 59) to 38 percent (29 of 75) but missed all 15 3-point attempts and committed 18 turnovers. South Carolina State also struggled from the foul line, hitting just 18 of 29 attempts.
Florida A&M made just 4 of 21 3-point attempts—all of which came from Lewis — but sank 13 of 17 free throws.
- Michigan State opts not to petition the NCAA to #LetDelvonPlay
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72