Vinales, CCSU rally past Quinnipiac 67-65Monday, Feb 25, 2013
Vinales finished with 17 points, Malcolm McMillan added 16 and Joe Efese 14 for the Blue Devils, who snapped Quinnipiac’s six-game winning streak and avenged a mid-season, 85-75 loss to the Bobcats.
CCSU led 59-53 before Quinnipiac (14-14, 10-6 Northeast Conference) used a 12-3 run to go up three with 1:42 showing.
Efese’s layup cut it to one, then, after Quinnipiac’s Dave Johnson missed a jumper with 33 seconds left, CCSU called a timeout to set up Vinales’ game-winner.
The Blue Devils (12-15, 8-8) shot 40 percent (11 of 27) in the second half, compared to 26 percent (8 of 30) for Quinnipiac, and got 12 points from Vinales in the frame.
Zaid Hurst scored 17 for Quinnipiac, which grabbed 21 offensive rebounds but made 13 of 22 free throws.
- Kansas humbles Baylor, maintains grip on Big 12
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan