Alexander finished 9 of 12 from the floor and made 4 of 5 3-pointers.
Stephen Hurt had 14 points and seven rebounds and Martin Smith added 13 points and nine boards, helping Lipscomb (11-15, 6-9) clinch a spot in the A-Sun tournament.
On top 40-35, The Bison went on a 25-8 run, capped by Hurt’s jumper to go ahead 65-43 with 6:09 remaining. Lipscomb led by double figures the rest of the way.
Lipscomb shot 49 percent (24 of 49) compared to Kennesaw State’s 31.7 percent (19 of 60).
The Bison outscored the Owls 34-20 in the paint.
Lipscomb led at halftime 33-26 and never trailed in the second half.
Markeith Cummings had 21 points and three steals for the Owls (3-24, 2-13), who have lost four straight games.
- E. Washington confident it can upset Georgetown in tourney
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Georgetown avoids another upset, beats E. Washington 84-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63