Black lifts Morgan State over High Point 75-68Saturday, Feb 23, 2013
Blake Bozeman had 13 points and 12 rebounds, and Anthony Hubbard had 11 points for the Bears (10-14) in the first meeting between the schools. Morgan State has won four of its past five.
John Brown scored 24 points and Allen Chaney had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Panthers (16-11), who clinched the Big South North Division title with Tuesday’s 78-67 victory over Virginia Military Institute.
Trailing 34-27 at halftime, Morgan State was down 57-43 midway through the second half, but a 20-6 run caught Prairie View at 63-all on Tauron Bailey’s layup with 4:11 remaining.
The Bears went ahead 65-64 on Chile’s jumper with 2:41 left and hit 8 of 9 free throws down the stretch to seal it.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- With Williams sick, No. 9 North Carolina beats BC 68-65
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal