Bethune-Cookman beats South Carolina State 85-75Saturday, Feb 23, 2013
Coleman finished with 26 points and 11 rebounds, Kevin Dukes added 19 points and Paul Scotland had 10 for the Wildcats, who defeated the Bulldogs for the seventh straight time.
South Carolina State (5-20, 1-11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), losers of 15 of its last 16 games, scored first and kept it close early on, tying the game at 17 on two Darryl Palmer free throws.
But the Bulldogs would never regain the lead, as the Wildcats (11-16, 6-6) outscored the South Carolina State 25-11 over the final 10 minutes to take a 42-28 into intermission.
South Carolina State, led by Khalif Toombs’ 24 points, outshot Bethune-Cookman 52 percent (27 of 51) to 45 percent (27 of 60) but committed 20 turnovers, which led to 33 points for the Wildcats.
- Salter keys TCU's fast start in 83-56 victory against Wyoming
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49