Northern Kentucky sweeps Kennesaw State 64-54Thursday, Feb 21, 2013
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Chad Jackson scored 17 points as Northern Kentucky snapped a three-game losing streak, beating Kennesaw State 64-54 Thursday night.
The Norse (9-14, 7-8 Atlantic Sun Conference) knocked down 15 of 19 at the foul line, backed by Ethan Faulkner’s 10-of-10 performance. Faulkner finished with 14 points, making 2 of 7 from the field as Northern Kentucky shot 47.9 percent (23 of 48) but made just 3 of 12 3-pointers.
Kennesaw State (3-24, 2-13) dropped its third straight since snapping an eight-game losing streak. Myles Hamilton led the Owls with 11 points and Delbert Love added 10 points and eight rebounds. Kennesaw State shot 53.8 percent (14 of 26) in the second half, but never led.
The win gave Northern Kentucky a sweep of the season series after downing Kennesaw State 64-53 on Jan. 26. NKU is now 7-2 when scoring 60-plus points and 2-12 when falling short of the mark.
- Even renewable energy is now available in burnt orange
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72