Azotam leads Quinnipiac past Sacred Heart 81-74Thursday, Feb 21, 2013
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Ike Azotam scored 14 points, hitting all seven of his free throws in the second half, as Quinnipiac rallied to defeat Sacred Heart 81-74 Thursday night for its fifth straight win.
The Bobcats (13-13, 9-5 Northeast Conference), who lost to the Pioneers 80-74 on Jan. 12, ended a three-game skid in the series and lead 15-14.
Ousmane Drame added 13 points, Shaq Shannon 11 and Zaid Hearst 10. James Ford, Jr. scored nine points in the second half to help Quinnipiac overcome a season-high 36 points by Sacred Heart’s Shane Gibson.
The Pioneers (9-16, 7-7) led by seven in the first half and 42-38 at intermission. After the Bobcats tied it at 45 on two Azotam free throws, Sacred Heart rebuilt a six-point lead.
Quinnipiac led briefly twice before Azotam’s three-point play pushed the Bobcats ahead 71-70 with 4:36 left, and they sealed it with 8 of 10 free throws.
- Justice, sort of: Houston's Coleman gets one-game suspension
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold