The Blue Hens (15-13, 10-5) and Dragons (11-16, 7-8) were tied 52-52 at the end of regulation after Josh Brinkley’s block of a Frantz Massenat shot with 0:02 left. Each team scored eight points in the first overtime, which ended with Saddler’s free throw tying it at 60-60 and forcing a second overtime.
Freshman Terrell Rogers came off the bench late in the game, hitting three free throws in the final 1:24. Jamelle Hagins clinched the victory with a foul shot with four seconds left.
Hagins had 14 points and 18 rebounds, including the 1,000th of his career. Saddler extended his double-figure scoring streak to 34 games.
Damion Lee led Drexel with a 25-point, 11-rebound double-double. Derrick Thomas added 19 points and Massenat 17.
- Sixty-eight things we’ve loved about the NCAA tournament
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78