Hampton slips past Maryland-Eastern Shore 63-59Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013
The Pirates (11-14, 8-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) shot 60.9 percent (14 of 23) from the field in the first half (27 of 59 for the game) and led 30-22. Hampton’s five-game winning streak ended Monday with a 62-59 loss to Norfolk State.
Troy Snyder had 17 points and Kevin Mays 15 for the Hawks (2-21, 2-10), who beat Coppin State 64-62 in double overtime on Monday to snap a seven-game losing streak. The Hawks shot 43.1 percent (22 of 51).
Hampton led 50-39 on Du’Vaughn Maxwell’s jumper with 6:47 left and 57-47 on Okoroba’s three-point play at 2:47. Snyder’s layup pulled the Hawks to 57-56 with a minute left, but two free throws by Powers and a fast-break layup by Dwight Miekle sealed Hampton’s victory.
- Mark Titus enters NBA draft, is kindly asked to leave
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69