Nebraska-Omaha rallies to beat Chicago State 79-75Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013
Simmons was 6 of 13 from the floor and 11 of 13 from the line for the Mavericks (10-18), who got 15 points from CJ Carter and 14 from Caleb Steffensmeier.
Quinton Pippen led the Cougars (8-18) with 17 points. Nate Duhon and Matt Ross had 15 apiece.
Chicago State led for most of the second half and went ahead 62-55 on Pippen’s layup with 5:13 to play. But Nebraska-Omaha came alive after that, reeling off a 14-0 run, capped by Simmons’ 3-pointer, for a 69-62 lead with 1:53 left. The Mavericks added 10 free throws in the final 1:30 to secure the win.
Nebraska-Omaha, which previously beat Chicago State in the Joe Cipriano Nebraska Classic in November, hosts North Dakota in a BracketBusters game on Saturday.
- Nebraska-Omaha rallies to beat Chicago State 79-75
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win