Nicholls State (7-17, 6-8 Southland) jumped out to an early 22-10 lead and largely used its bench, which outscored the Cardinals’ bench 34-9, to keep a double-digit lead throughout most of the contest. The Colonels, which scored 24 points off 19 Lamar turnovers, led 45-28 at halftime and were up by as many as 18 points in the second half.
Fred Hunter had 15 points, pulled four rebounds and dished out four assists for Nicholls State, which shot 49.1 percent from the field and hit nine 3-pointers.
Amos Wilson led Lamar (3-23, 1-13) with 23 points on 10-of-15 shooting, grabbed seven rebounds and had four assists. Rhon Mitchell had 14 points and 10 rebounds while Stan Brown had nine points and 11 rebounds.
- Video of marriage proposal gone wrong at UCLA basketball game
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson