Creighton gets 59-45 win over Southern IllinoisBy ERIC OLSON, AP Sports Writer Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013
The Bluejays (22-6, 11-5) remained a game behind Missouri Valley Conference leader Wichita State. The last-place Salukis (11-16, 4-12) matched their school record for consecutive conference road losses with their 15th in a row since January 2012.
Doug McDermott had 10 points and seven rebounds for Creighton, which has won 73 straight at home against opponents with winning percentages of .500 or worse.
Jeff Early scored 12 points and Anthony Beane added 10 for the Salukis, who shot 35 percent but stayed close by converting Creighton’s 15 turnovers into 15 points and outscoring the Bluejays 13-4 on second-chance baskets.
- Dixon hits game-winner as Mizzou beats Texas 67-66
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56