Quinnipiac overpowers Saint Francis (Pa.) 71-55Saturday, Feb 16, 2013
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—Ike Azotam scored 17 points and Zaid Hearst had 16 as Quinnipiac dominated inside in a 71-55 victory over Saint Francis (Pa.) Saturday.
The Bobcats (12-13, 8-5 Northeast Conference), who had been outrebounding opponents by 9.7 per game, third best in Division I, had a 49-23 advantage on the boards against the Red Flash (3-22, 3-11) and outscored them 32-12 in the paint.
Earl Brown, who was averaging 8.5 rebounds for the Red Flash, got none.
Quinnipiac scored the game’s first seven points and led 41-19 at halftime. Hearst had 14 points by halftime.
It was the fourth straight win for the Bobcats, who defeated Saint Francis 75-66 in overtime on Jan. 17.
Azotam, a junior forward, now has 1,010 career points. Evan Conti scored 13 points for the Bobcats, and Ousmane Drame had 15 rebounds to go with nine points.
Ollie Jackson scored 14 points for Saint Francis.
- Richard scores 18 as Army defeats Yale 64-48
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56