SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Karl Cochran scored a career-high 30 points and Wofford raced to an 18-point halftime lead en route to a 78-58 victory over Chattanooga in a Southern Conference game on Saturday night.
Jarell Byrd added 13 points for the Terriers (11-17, 5-10), who had lost two in a row after a two-game winning streak.
Z. Mason scored 24 points and Gee McGhee had 13 for the Mocs (11-16, 6-8), who had won two in a row and three of four coming in.
Wofford led 17-13 at the 10:20 mark but outscored Chattanooga 28-14 to post a 45-27 halftime advantage.
The Mocs closed to 50-41 on Mason’s jumper, but the Terriers again pulled away to secure the victory.
Wofford shot 51.9 percent from the field (27 of 52) and 50 percent on 3-pointers (11 of 22). Chattanooga ws 18-of-54 shooting from the field, 5 of 22 on 3-pointers.
- Kansas humbles Baylor, maintains grip on Big 12
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan