The Mean Green (10-18, 5-12 Sun Belt Conference) shot 77.8 percent in the second half (14 of 18) to deny Trojans coach Don Maestri his 500th career win.
There were 16 lead changes and 12 ties. After Troy took a 54-51 lead, Jordan Williams dunked to spark a 9-0 run.
The Trojans climbed back to 62-61 on Deonata Jethroe’s layup with 1:20 to go, but he missed the ensuing foul shot. After Troy’s Hunter Williams missed a jumper, Alzee Williams added a free throw for the Mean Green.
Jeff Mullahey missed a 3 at the buzzer to send Troy (11-16, 6-10) to its third loss in four games.
Hunter Williams scored 21 and Jethroe had 10 points and 10 rebounds to become the first Trojan with a double-double at Trojan Arena.
- South Carolina was fined 25K for storming the court last night. How about we have that money go to Haiti?
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson