Southeast Missouri State beats UT Martin 96-74Saturday, Feb 16, 2013
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Marland Smith was one of three Southeast Missouri State players to score over 20 points in the Redhawks’ 96-74 win over Ohio Valley Conference-foe Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
Nick Niemczyk added 21 points in 25 minutes of action and Lucas Nutt chipped in 20 on 5-of-7 shooting. Smith made 8 of 11 shots, including five 3-pointers, for the Redhawks (14-13, 6-7), who shot a season-best 56.4 percent (31 of 55) and made 12 treys.
Southeast Missouri State opened the game on a 16-6 run, then, after UT Martin cut the deficit to one, scored the next 17 points to pull away.
The Redhawks shot 51 percent (15 of 29) in the first half and improved to 61 percent (16 of 26) in the second half. UT Martin (7-18, 4-9) shot 37 percent (27 of 73) for the game.
Terrance Smith led the Skyhawks with 26 points.
- Southeast Missouri State beats UT Martin 96-74
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69