Loyola of Chicago beats Illinois-Chicago 69-60Saturday, Feb 16, 2013
CHICAGO (AP)—Christian Thomas had 23 points and 11 rebounds on Saturday and Loyola of Chicago ended a four-game losing streak by beating Illinois-Chicago 69-60.
Jordan Hicks added 18 points and Devon Turk scored 10 for the Ramblers (14-12, 4-9 Horizon), who never trailed in the contest.
Marc Brown scored 13 points to lead the Flames (15-11, 6-7). Gary Talton and Hayden Humes had 10 points apiece for Illinois-Chicago. UIC won the previous meeting, 61-59 at home on Jan. 16.
Loyola led 36-23 at halftime, and the Ramblers’ lead never got below four points in the second half.
The Flames’ last game was a triple-overtime 88-83 win at Youngstown State on Sunday.
- Lance Stephenson's nickname keeps changing
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending