LIU Brooklyn pounds Fairleigh Dickinson 92-67Saturday, Feb 16, 2013
NEW YORK (AP)—Jamal Olasewere had 20 points and seven rebounds as LIU Brooklyn pulled away in the second half for a 92-67 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson, vaulting the Blackbirds into a tie for first in the Northeast Conference.
C.J. Garner scored 15 points, Booker Hucks had 14, and Jason Brickman had nine assists for the Blackbirds (15-11, 10-4), who have won four straight and 10 of 11.
Mathias Seilund scored 17 points, Kinu Rochford had 12 and Yves Jules 10 for the Knights (7-20, 2-12), losers of 11 straight.
The Blackbirds’ 17-5 surge in the second half gave them a 65-45 advantage.
LIU Brooklyn shot 32 of 63 from the field, Fairleigh Dickinson 21 of 61.
The Blackbirds pulled out a 79-75 win in overtime at Fairleigh Dickinson on Jan. 17. LIU Brooklyn leads 48-47 in the series.
- Augustin's 22 points lead No. 9 Texas in 70-66 victory over Nebraska
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win