Balanced effort gets Chicago State by Urbana 82-74Saturday, Feb 16, 2013
CHICAGO (AP)—Quinton Pippen and Jamere Dismukes led a balanced scoring effort with 14 points apiece, and Chicago State rallied in the second half for an 82-74 victory over Division II foe Urbana on Saturday afternoon.
Jeremy Robinson and Matt Ross each added 13 points, Nate Duhon scored 12 and Aaron Williams had 11 for the Cougars (8-17), who took their first lead of the second half on Duhon’s free throw with 4:15 to play. Chicago State then went 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final 1:55 to seal the victory.
Armond Battle had 26 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Blue Knights (10-16), who beat Chicago State 59-55 last season in the only other meeting between the schools. Danny Goins chipped in 18 points and Ramel Mitchell scored 14.
Goins’ jumper 52 seconds before halftime gave the Blue Knights a 43-39 lead at the break.
- Texas Tech tops Northwestern State 94-75
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee