Trailing by three, the Big Red (12-12, 4-3) used a 16-5 run to lead 54-46 with 8:47 left. The Bulldogs chipped away, tying it at 59 with 3:03 left. Justin Sears, who led Yale with 13 points, had seven in the spurt.
After Nolan Cressler and Gray hit back-to-back 3-pointers for Cornell, Brandon Sherrod dunked with 1:05 left for Yale’s last points. The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-4) missed two field goals and two free throws from that point, finishing the game 12 of 26 from the stripe—5 of 15 in the second half—to end their two-game winning streak.
Errick Peck added 13 points for the Big Red, whose previous seven wins over Yale had been by an average of 17.3 points.
- Video: MVSU guard Kevin Burwell taunts President Obama and ultimately regrets it
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78