Western Illinois defeats North Dakota State 49-36Thursday, Feb 14, 2013
FARGO, N.D. (AP)—Terell Parks scored 13 points and pulled down 15 rebounds Thursday night, helping Western Illinois dominate the second half of a 49-36 victory over North Dakota State and hold onto first place in the Summit League.
Adam Link had 14 points for the Leathernecks (19-5, 11-2), who stayed a half-game ahead of South Dakota State and moved 1 1/2 games ahead of the Bison (19-7, 10-4). Western Illinois plays at SDSU on Saturday.
Lawrence Alexander and TrayVonn Wright scored 10 apiece for the Bison, whose point total was their lowest ever at Bison Sports Arena, which opened in 1970.
NDSU closed the first half on a 10-0 run to lead 22-17 at halftime, but WIU scored 13 straight points just after halftime to go ahead for good. The Bison pulled within 35-31 on Alexander’s free throws with 4:14 left, but the Leathernecks scored the next eight points to seal the victory.
- Western Illinois defeats North Dakota State 49-36
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team