Morehead State beat Jacksonville State 85-81Thursday, Feb 14, 2013
Devon Atkinson (18), Chad Posthumus (13), Jarrett Stokes (12) and Kahlil Owens (11) all scored in double figures helping the Eagles (12-14, 6-6) snap a three-game losing streak.
After Tarvin Gaines made a 3-pointer to give Jacksonville State the lead, 76-74, with 2:10 remaining, Atkinson’s 3-pointer with 1:46 left recaptured the lead for Morehead State, 77-76.
Atkinson then made four consecutive free throws to make it 81-76 with 25 seconds left, but Brian Williams’ 3-pointer followed by Ronnie Boggs’ layup with 16 seconds remaining tied the game for the Gamecocks at 81-all.
Stokes and Atkinson each made a pair of free throws in the final 2 seconds to give the Eagles the edge.
Gaines led the Gamecocks (15-9, 7-6) with 31 points.
- Arizona State's Carrick Felix explains why he turned down Duke
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78