LIU Brooklyn’s 2nd-half rally beats Monmouth 80-66Thursday, Feb 14, 2013
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Jamal Olasewere scored 16 of his 23 points in the second half to help LIU Brooklyn rally to defeat Monmouth 80-66 in a Northeast Conference game Thursday night.
C.J. Garner added 20 points for the Blackbirds (14-11, 9-4), who trailed 52-50 with 11:24 remaining but took control with a 19-2 run to lead 69-54 with 4:35 left.
They locked the game down by making 11 of 12 free throws the rest of the way. LIU Brooklyn was 21 of 28 from the line in the second half; the Hawks (9-17, 4-9) were 8 of 16.
Ed Waite scored 24 points and Stephen Spinella had 13 points and 10 rebounds for Monmouth, which led 38-35 at halftime.
Jason Brickman had nine assists for the Blackbirds, who won for the ninth time in 10 games. Olasewere moved into fifth on their career scoring list with 1,707, passing Jaytornah Wisseh (2006-10).
- Austin Rivers, the nation's No. 1 recruit, commits to Duke
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold