Scaife leads Ball State by Northern Illinois 56-52Wednesday, Feb 13, 2013
Scaife was just 6 of 18 from the floor but was 9 of 10 from the line for the Cardinals (10-13, 4-7 Mid-American), and his final two free throws gave Ball State a 55-52 lead with 11 seconds left. NIU’s Aksel Bolin then missed a 3-pointer at the other end, and the Cardinals’ Majok Majok made a free throw to seal the victory.
Marcus Posley added 10 points for Ball State, and conference rebounding leader Majok Majok had 10 rebounds and seven points.
Antone Christian scored 14 points and Darrell Bowie had 11 for the Huskies (5-18, 3-8), who shot just 35 percent from the floor.
Ball State now leads the all-time series with Northern Illinois 47-32 and has won the last six contests.
- For Kentucky, the Terrence Jones saga was worth the wait
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan