Evans, who also grabbed 13 rebounds for the Golden Flashes (14-11, 5-6 Mid-American Conference), scored 13 of his points in the first half, when Kent State shot 65.5 percent (19 of 29) to take a 48-32 halftime lead.
The Golden Flashes were 8 of 13 (61.5 percent) from 3-point range in the first half, led by Kris Brewer’s 3 of 3.
Brewer and Randal Holt finished with 13 points each for Kent State, Mark Henniger scored 11 and Bryson Pope had 10.
The Golden Flashes scored 22 of their points off turnovers to five for the RedHawks (8-15, 3-8). Evans had four steals and Pope three for Kent State.
Allen Roberts scored 16 points for Miami, Geovonie McKnight had 12 and Will Felder 10.
- Cincinnati beats No. 17 Georgetown 69-47
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending