The Flames (9-17, 5-7) led 73-60 with 6:39 to go and by 10 with less than 5 minutes to play before the Camels closed the game with an 11-3 run but fell short.
John Caleb Sanders had 18 points and Davon Marshall 12 for the Flames (9-17, 5-12), who won their first conference road game.
Trey Freeman scored 22 points, Darius Leonard 17, Darian Hooker 16 and Marvell Harris 13 with 10 rebounds for Campbell (10-16, 5-7), losers of six straight.
Trailing 81-73 with 2:45 remaining, Freeman made a layup, a jumper and a 3-pointer to close the gap to 82-80 with 50 seconds remaining. Campbell had the ball with 11 seconds left, but Hooker and Leonard missed from in close as time ran out.
- UMBC beats Vermont 73-64, has ticket to American East final
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending