Beckford, Witter help NC A&T top Florida A&M 64-56Monday, Feb 11, 2013
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Bruce Beckford scored 16 points and Austin Witter again paced North Carolina A&T’s post play as the Aggies defeated Florida A&M 64-56 Monday night in Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference action.
The win was the second straight and fourth in five games for North Carolina A&T (13-12, 6-4), which got eight points and 13 rebounds from Witter. The senior set a career high with 14 boards against Bethune-Cookman on Saturday, and has had double-digit rebounds in three straight games after managing fewer than 10 rebounds in 12 straight contests.
Adrian Powell added 11 points and Lamont Middleton 10 for the Aggies.
Muhammad Abdul-Aleem notched 16 points off the bench for the Rattlers (6-18, 3-7). Jamie Adams added 13 points but was just 2 of 10 from 3-point range as Florida A&M connected on just 6 of 23 from deep.
North Carolina A&T won despite shooting just 39.3 percent (22 of 56).
- DePaul offers eighth-grader a scholly, commits violation while doing so
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56