JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Desi Washington scored 24 points and Saint Peter’s overcame a seven-point halftime deficit with clutch free-throw shooting in its 72-62 win over Siena on Sunday.
The Peacocks (8-16, 3-11 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) snapped a two-game skid and split the season series with the Saints, who won 66-53 on Jan. 13.
Saint Peter’s was 17 of 21 from the line in the second half, with Washington 10 of 10.
The Peacocks also shut down Siena’s leading scorer O.D. Anosike, who had just two points and seven rebounds in the second half to finish with 18 points and 16 boards.
After Saint Peter’s built a 55-48 lead, the Peacocks committed five straight turnovers, allowing Siena (6-19, 4-10) to close the gap to 55-54 with 4:09 left. Besides two layups by Darius Conley, the Peacocks made 13 of 15 free throws down the stretch, with Washington going 8 of 8.
- Purdue unveils new logo that’s strikingly similar to its old one
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics