The Mavericks (9-18, 6-8 Summit League) got back in the game by opening the second half with a 19-4 run and shooting 63 percent after the break. Omaha took a 59-57 lead on Alex Welhouse’s 3-pointer with 10:52 remaining. It was still a two-point game with about 6 minutes left when the Mavericks got consecutive baskets by Karhoff, Alex Phillips and Justin Simmons to pull away.
Simmons added 18 points and seven rebounds for the Mavericks, Welhouse had 17 points and 12 rebounds, and CJ Carter had 16 points.
Sean Esposito scored a career-high 23 points for IUPUI (6-20, 1-11), including 20 in the first half. His 3-pointer with 4:29 left in the half put the Jaguars ahead 49-27. Mitchell Patton also had 23 points, Greg Rice scored 16 and Donovan Gibbs had 12.
- Tenn St loses OVC final 54-52 to No. 12 Murray St
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- West Virginia forward Jonathan Holton reinstated to team
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63