Pearson leads Toledo past Eastern Michigan 60-52Saturday, Feb 9, 2013
Toledo (11-10, 7-3 Mid-American Conference) extended its win streak to five games. The Rockets are now in a first place tie in the MAC’s West Division with Western Michigan, which lost to Ball State 65-62 on Saturday.
Pearson recorded his second double-double of the season for Toledo, shooting 8 of 16 from the floor and 13 of 19 from the free throw line. Dominique Buckley finished with 13 points.
Eastern Michigan cut the Rockets’ lead to 45-43 on Jalen Ross’ 3-pointer with 3:59 left in the second half. But Toledo answered with a 3-pointer by Buckley and Pearson later made two free throws with 51 seconds remaining to give it a 53-46 advantage.
Daylen Harrison scored 19 points and pulled down 10 rebounds for the Eagles (11-12, 4-5).
- A rejuvenated Rick Majerus is enjoying St. Louis’ torrid start
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue