Long Beach St. outlasts Cal State Northridge 83-80Sunday, Feb 10, 2013
Ennis made a pair of free throws to put Long Beach State (13-9, 9-2 Big West) up 82-77 with 18 seconds to go but Josh Greene answered for the Matadors, hitting a big 3-pointer with 14 seconds left to cut the 49ers’ lead to two, 82-80.
Stephen Maxwell fouled Keala King on the ensuing possession, who hit one of two free throws to give the 49ers a 83-80 lead. With 3 seconds left, Ennis stole the ball from Landon Drew on the Matadors’ last possession to end the game.
Maxwell ended his night with 20 points and eight rebounds to lead Cal State Northridge (13-11, 4-8).
Mike Caffey had 22 points and five assists for the 49ers, which shot 49.1 percent from the field and hit 13 3-pointers.
- Act fast: George Mason Final Four rings on eBay
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team