Middleton, NC A&T down Bethune-Cookman 65-55Saturday, Feb 9, 2013
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Lamont Middleton scored 17 points as North Carolina A&T’s offense shot 64.7 percent in the second half in a 65-55 win over Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference-foe Bethune-Cookman Saturday.
The Aggies (12-12, 5-4) hit 11 of 17 after halftime, helping make up for a 10-of-25 showing before the break, when they led 28-25.
Bethune-Cookman (9-15, 4-5) fared little better from the field early, hitting 10 of 23 in the first half. The Wildcats lost their touch after halftime, though, making only 31 percent (9 of 29) from the field.
North Carolina A&T also hit 13 of 16 free throws in the second half.
Adrian Powell added 13 points for the Aggies, while Austin Willer pulled down 14 rebounds.
Javoris Bryant and Adrien Coleman had 12 points each for Bethune-Cookman, which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
The Aggies avenged a 72-60 loss to the Wildcats on Jan. 12.
- Maybe Duke's new student seating isn't so good after all
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78