BALTIMORE (AP)—Erik Etherly scored a season-high 25 points and senior guard Robert Olson posted his first career double-double to lead Loyola (Md.) to a 63-51 win over Siena on Friday night.
Olson had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Greyhounds (17-8, 9-4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who held an opponent under 60 points for the 12th time this season.
Both teams got off to slow starts, with the score 8-8 after nearly 6 minutes. Although Loyola built a nine-point lead, the Saints got within one and trailed 30-27 at halftime.
With Siena holding a 37-36 lead with 11:14 left, a jumper by Julius Brooks sparked a 19-5 run putting the Greyhounds comfortably ahead.
Dylon Cormier added 11 points and four steals for Loyola, which made 19 of 30 free throws compared to 10 of 13 for the Saints.
O.D. Anosike led Siena (6-18, 4-9) with 16 points and 16 rebounds.
- Morrill gets Utah State coaching record
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78