Southeast Missouri beats SIU-Edwardsville 76-67Thursday, Feb 7, 2013
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Nino Johnson had 17 points, 12 rebounds and seven blocked shots Thursday night, and Southeast Missouri ended a three-game losing streak by defeating Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 76-67.
Marland Smith added 13 points for the Redhawks (12-13, 4-7 Ohio Valley) and became the school’s all-time leading 3-point shooter. He made three Thursday night, giving him 220 in his career, one more than Derek Winans had from 2001-05.
Tyler Stone scored 12 points and A.J. Jones had 11 points for Southeast Missouri, which had lost seven of its last eight games.
Jerome Jones led all scorers with 31 points for the Cougars (8-12, 4-6). Jones also had a team-high eight rebounds.
Kris Davis had 13 points and seven assists, and Mark Yelovich scored 11 for Southern Illinois-Edwardsville, which only got two points from its reserve players.
- Where would Dirk Nowitzki have gone to college?
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending