PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Khalif Wyatt scored 25 points, including a clinching free throw in the closing seconds, to lead Temple to an 89-88 victory over Charlotte on Wednesday night in an Atlantic 10 Conference game.
The Owls (15-7, 4-4), who got a personal season-high 22 points from Jake O’Brien, led by as many as 13 points in the first half before Charlotte (17-5, 5-3) rallied to tie it at 41-all at halftime.
Wyatt hit a jumper to open the second-half scoring for Temple, which led by as many as 10 points after the break. Later, his two free throws with 1:42 remaining gave Temple an 86-78 lead. But the 49ers drew within 88-85 on Denzel Ingram’s 3-pointer with 0:28 left.
The teams exchanged turnovers before Wyatt sank another foul shot with 8.3 seconds for an 89-85 lead. Pierria Henry’s 3-point basket at the buzzer left Charlotte a point short.
- Did Rasheed Wallace poke fun at Roy Williams with red hoodie?
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne