Valparaiso cruises past Illinois-Chicago 86-61Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013
Broekhoff was 8 of 13 from the floor and 6 of 9 from beyond the arc. LaVonte Dority added 13 points off the bench for the Crusaders (18-6, 8-2), who maintained their lead over Detroit in the Horizon League standings. Eric Buggs and Bobby Capobianco chipped in 10 points apiece. Valparaiso shot 60 percent from the floor, including 65 percent in the first half.
Josh Crittle and Daniel Barnes had 12 points each for the Flames (14-10, 5-6), who hit just 36 percent of their shots.
Illinois-Chicago led by five in the opening minutes, but Valparaiso scored the next 15 points, capped by a Capobianco layup, and never looked back. The Crusaders led 44-27 at halftime and by as many as 35 points in the second half.
- Valparaiso cruises past Illinois-Chicago 86-61
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending