Eastern Kentucky trounces Crowley’s Ridge 97-31Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Robbie Stenzel scored 14 points to lead six Eastern Kentucky players in double figures as the Colonels dominated nonconference-foe Crowley’s Ridge 97-31 Tuesday night.
The win was the 136th for Eastern Kentucky coach Jeff Neubauer, surpassing Rome Rankin for second on the team’s all-time wins list.
Eric Stutz added 13 points and seven steals for the Colonels (18-6), while Corey Walden had 11 points and Jaylen Babb-Harrison, Marcus Lewis and Deverin Muff each had 10.
It was Eastern Kentucky’s 16th straight nonconference win at home. The Colonels were 55.1-percent (38 of 69) shooting, including 12 of 31 from 3-point range.
Crowley’s Ridge (7-18), a National Christian Collegiate Association member, shot just 25.6 percent (11 of 43) from the field and 23.1 percent (3 of 13) from 3-point range.
The Pioneers entered allowing 85 points per game, and narrowly avoided allowing 100 points for the fourth time this season.
- St. John's overcomes deficit, beats NJIT 57-49
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63