Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Alabama A&M 76-67Monday, Feb 4, 2013
Arkansas-Pine Bluff led 18-8 after two consecutive 3-pointers by Jackson, who made 5 of 8 from long range. The Golden Lions increased their advantage to as many as 30 points, 59-29, after a 23-6 start to the second half.
The Bulldogs (8-14, 4-7), led by Jeremy Crutcher and Demarquelle Tabb, trimmed the margin over the final 11 1/2 minutes but got no closer than eight points, and by then just 15 seconds remained.
Crutcher scored 15 of his 21 points and Tabb 14 of his 16 in the second half. Tabb also had five steals.
Terrell Kennedy scored 17 points and Davon Haynes 16 for Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- La Salle holds off Hampton 83-80
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66