Northern Arizona tips Sacramento State 62-61Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Gabe Rogers scored 22 points, 16 in the second half, and Michael Dunn made two free throws with 7 seconds remaining to help Northern Arizona beat Sacramento State 62-61 Monday night.
Max Jacobsen added 16 points for the Lumberjacks (8-14, 5-7 Big Sky), who led only in the first two minutes and the last two minutes of the game. Sacramento State led 51-37 with 11:17 to play after John Dickson’s 3-pointer.
Northern Arizona went on a 14-2 run, capped by Dunn’s dunk with 5:15 to play that cut the Hornets’ lead to 53-51. Rogers’ 3-pointer with 2:14 to go put the Lumberjacks up 58-56, their first lead since 4-3.
Mikh McKinney scored with 19 seconds left to put Sacramento State (10-10, 5-7) in front 61-60, but Dunn was fouled and hit both free throws.
Dickson and Dylan Garrity led the Hornets with 13 points, and McKinney scored 12.
- Poythress scores 25, No. 9 Kentucky beats Alabama 77-61
- Denzel Valentine-led No. 8 Michigan State tops Indiana 88-69
- Lydon's 20 points helps Syracuse beat Boston College 75-61
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62