Mount St. Mary’s beats Sacred Heart 91-82Saturday, Feb 2, 2013
Whack made seven 3-pointer and shot 10 of 16 from the floor for the Mountaineers (9-12, 4-6 Northeast Conference), who have won two in a row. Shivaughn Wiggins finished with 13 points and six assists, and Julian Norfleet had 10 points and five assists.
Whack scored 23 points in the first half, helping Mount St. Mary’s claim a 50-27 lead at halftime. The Mountaineers, who never trailed in the contest, took their largest lead of the game when Josh Castellanos scored on a layup to give them a 38-15 with 7:25 left in the first half.
Mount St. Mary’s dominated the paint area with a 56-28 edge.
Louis Montes scored 21 points for Sacred Heart (8-13, 6-4), which has lost two straight games. Shane Gibson had 18 points.
- Kentucky gets to 2,000 wins, but is it really that big a deal?
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold